OUR RESIDENT NURSE, ANDREW & HIS TEAM OFFER A RANGE OF ADVANCED SKIN CARE TREATMENTS FOCUSSING ON SKIN REJUVENATION, ANTI AGEING & CORRECTION. THERE ARE A RANGE OF TREATMENTS TO CHOOSE FROM INCLUDING DERMAPLANING, MESO THERAPY, DERMAL FILLERS & ANTI WRINKLE INJECTIONS (AKA BOTOX)
GLAMOUR MAGAZINE REVIEWS MESO THERAPY:
COSMOPOLITAN MAGAZINE REVIEWS DERMAPLANING:
Dermaplaning is a super effective exfoliating treatment in which a doctor or aesthetician uses a surgical scalpel to gently scrape off any dead skin cells on the surface of your skin and (along with the peach fuzz on your face). You might be wondering Why is this necessary? It's because the buildup of dead skin and microscopic hairs can make your complexion appear dull, flaky, and can even cause breakouts due to clogged pores and hair follicles. Which is why this form of mechanical exfoliation is essential for maintaining an even, healthy glow. Thinking of making an appointment to try dermaplaning for yourself? Read the below advice from NY-based medical aesthetician first.
1. Dermaplaning is recommended for all skin types. Deveny says patients with sun damage, fine lines, very dry skin and dull skin are great candidates. However, since the procedure requires use of a sharp scalpel, those with enflamed acne should pass on it until their complexion clears up.
2. Contrary to what you might think, dermaplaning will not make your hair grow back thicker or darker. Deveny assured me that once your hair begins to grow back it might feel different because the hair was cut straight across, but it's actually the same texture as before and grows at the same speed. It also just might seem thicker because the hair was bluntly cut by the razor versus having a natural point to it.
3. There's no downtime. Some light redness can be expected but not always. "It's perfectly fine and common to make an appointment during lunch and go right back to work after the 40-minute treatment," Deveny adds.
4. You'll need to be very diligent with SPF afterward. You should always wear sun protection every day — especially when you're outside for a prolonged period of time — but post-exfoliation your skin is especially susceptible to the sun. So, if you don't take sun protection seriously, you might want to skip this sloughing treatment.
5. You can expect to spend $150 to $250 per treatment. But Deveny says you'll notice a difference in your skin's texture and tone immediately, so it's worth it.
6. It'll change your life as far as makeup application goes. Ever notice how peach fuzz tends to stand out even more underneath foundation and face powders? Well, since the dermaplaning razor removes all the little hairs on your face, your makeup will go on super smoothly. Your skincare products will also be more effective, since the product isn't being blocked by dead skin cells and can penetrate the skin faster.
7. The results can last up to four weeks. The procedure removes three weeks of dead skin cells, so your glow will last all month long. "But since your skin is always growing, you'll need to schedule an appointment every month or so to maintain your results," Deveny says.
8. Don't trust just anyone to perform the procedure. Deveny recommends only seeing a doctor or medical aesthetician from a dermatology or plastic surgeon's office to ensure the best and safest results.
9. Don't try this at home. Since dermaplaning is performed with surgical scalpels (not your average razor), you should leave it to the pros.